Thursday, November 15, 2007

A one-minute snippet of our life

No photos taken to go along with this one. But here's the set-up: it's close to breakfast time. Josh is strapped into his booster chair, Megan is at her place at the table. Nathan is still downstairs (and avoids all the chaos), and Kaitlyn should be wanting to sit at the table for breakfast. I go to set Kaitlyn in her chair & she starts having a tantrum about it. Rather than fight her about it, I put her down in the family room to play. Apparently this is not what she wants, either. She decides to continue her tantrum by tipping over & screaming. I am working on getting breakfast on the table when Megan decides to yell at Katie to stop crying. As she turns to yell, she tips over her glass of grape juice which goes spilling EVERYWHERE. I now have stains on a chair & a sticky floor. Now Katie is so worked up, she starts to gag, Megan is crying because her juice has spilled, Josh is asking where breakfast is, and I'm trying to clean things up and NOT lose my temper, which was very difficult. Ugh! I can't wait til this evening when we're taking them all in for flu shots; that'll be another fun time, I'm sure!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

MAN! You live a charmed life! LOL!

zjoeynosmom said...

This could have been a commercial for paper towels or something:) I would have to just sit down & laugh or cry once in a while!!!