Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I had to make a new Christmas candy countdown for Josh. The 2 on the left side are ones my grandma made for me & my brother about 30 years ago!!! Today I pieced together a new one. It was time-consuming, and I'm amazed I was able to start AND finish a craft with the kids up & around!!! (We won't talk about how my kitchen looks right now as a result of "playing" and not working!) I'm pleased with the final result. The kids all watched & cheered me on as I attached pieces of candy to their candy ribbons...and also sampled a couple candies!:) Josh is confused about the candy cane at the bottom--Halloween was not too long ago & he calls the candy cane, "candy corn."



I love that we have a fireplace at our new house. It's fun to have a traditional place to hang our stockings!

2 comments:

Miki said...

Those candy countdowns look GREAT!!! Wow can't believe 2 of them are 30yrs old! LOL I'm surprised you didn't make 2 today so you're already for Katie's and can eat her candies until she's able to herself! :)

Love the fireplace thing, wish I had one myself.

I need to get going on my decorating, but I need Jim to get the stuff from the garage and he hasn't had the time. This weekend for sure!

Hugs!

zjoeynosmom said...

You are so dang creative!! Love them:) If I hung one more thing on the wall, my husband would move out!