Thursday, January 10, 2008

Trouble? Who, ME?!

See this cute little face? Well, just read on to see what this little angel-in-disguise pulled on me today...

My charming little 2-yr-old accidentally locked me out of the house
for 10 minutes! I had gone out to bring the trash cans up from the
curb & when I tried to open the door to the house, I couldn't! He had
turned the deadbolt just far enough for it to latch. Ugh!!! The
oldest 2 kids were in the basement & Kaitlyn, thankfully, was snapped
into her chair at the kitchen table with a snack, so I knew she was
o.k. I told Josh to unlock the door & he GIGGLED!! I then started
yelling for Nathan or Megan, but they couldn't hear me. Each time I'd
shout for one of the kids, Josh would copy me, shouting their names as
well. No luck. I then ran to the front door & rang the doorbell a
million times. The dog started barking, but apparently my oldest were
completely oblivious to all the commotion upstairs. I ran back to the
locked mudroom door & yelled for Josh to go get Nathan. It was like
he finally realized this wasn't a big joke. He tried, but for the
first time, of course, he actually COULDN'T get the childproof door knob cover to
work. At this point I decide to run to the backyard and see if I can get
him to open the sliding glass door as I knew I had only one of the
locks to that door fastened. So here I am, barefoot but wearing cheap
sandals & running through the snow in the yard to try to get in from
the back of the house. Plan A was to try to get Josh to unlock & open
the slider. Plan B was to go bang on the window well cover over the
window to the basement & hope that Nathan would come upstairs to see
what the deal was. Thankfully Plan A worked & I successfully made it
inside. On the bright side, I finally wizened up and have
put a spare key in our mudroom for any other events such as this.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

LOL! That is funny!!! :) Goofy kid!