Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words...

But unfortunately my camera died yesterday! That's o.k., I will just try to use words (around 1,000 or so) to explain our wonderful day today...

This morning, while I was busy for 2 or 3 minutes, Joshua took the opportunity to climb onto a chair & take almost every single book off our 7-foot bookshelf in the basement & dump them into a pile on the floor. What's worse is that he also chucked a glass bottle with a boat in it on top of them & it shattered, spreading glass EVERYWHERE on the books & on the basement floor. Not cool. He was in big trouble for that one.

Fast forward an hour or so to lunchtime when I was feeding the kids some pepperoni tortilla pizzas I had made. I cut Katie's up into little pieces & placed them in front of her. She chose to shovel a bunch of them into her mouth and ended up choking. Thank goodness I looked over at her when I did. She had a strange expression on her face & she was turning red. I unbuckled her from her chair & flipped her over & did the baby heimlich on her. At first it didn't work; she just turned redder. I continued to do the back blows & she finally gagged & threw up the food that had been caught in her throat. What a relief.

This mom has been emotionally drained since a little before noon. A nap sounds pretty good to me; too bad I can't seem to convince my children of the same thing. Heaven knows what would happen were I to actually sneak a nap in with as quickly as Josh can get into trouble. I hope you were able to get a good mental picture of what happened today as I managed to describe it in 111 words rather than 1,000!

No comments: